Sunday, October 25, 2009
The blackra1n software is available for both Windows and Mac users, but it only supports iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and iPod Touch. blackra1n does not support the iPod Touch 3rd generation 8 GB models that have a MC in the model number.
Many iPhone 3G users reported having a problem with blackra1n on iPhone 3G, if you were one of them please leave a comment telling us what problems you encountered and how you solved them. I will be making a blackra1n troubleshooting guide to help users that have any problem with it.
You can jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 with blackra1n, but you cannot unlock iPhone 3.1.2. To unlock iPhone 3.1.2, you must use PwnageTool 3.1.4 which the Dev-Team recently released.
If you want to just jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 I recommend you use blackra1n, but if you want to unlock then you have no choice but to use PwnageTool which only works with Mac. If you haven’t already downloaded iPhone 3.1.2 or updated, the download links for it are below.
◦ iPhone 3.1.2 download (iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, 241 MB)
◦ iPhone 3G 3.1.2 download (iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, 242 MB)
◦ iPhone 3GS 3.1 download (iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, 306 MB)
Note: Do no’t use Safari to download iPhone 3.1.2 IPSW files, instead use another browser. Safari downloads this as a .ZIP and iTunes is not able to recognize the firmware that way.
Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 with blackra1n
1. Download blackra1n
2. Click the make it ra1n button.
3. Your iPhone or iPod Touch will reboot once blackra1n is done doing it’s thing and you should see the blackra1n icon on there. If you don’t see the blackra1n icon, go to the last page on your iDevice and you should see it.
4. Install your preferred aplication from the blackra1n app. You have the option of choosing Cydia, Icy, or Rock. I don’t recommend you to install them all at once, because that may cause problems. Install them one at a time.
Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 with PwnageTool
1. Download PwnageTool 3.1.4 (only works with Mac!)
2. You will be creating a custom IPSW and then restoring it through iTunes. If you don’t know how to do that, read my jailbreak iPhone 3.1 with PwnageTool post which gives step by step instructions
With the Multi-Touch interface on iPhone, you can make a call simply by tapping a name or number in your contacts or favorites list, your call log, or just about anywhere. Visual Voicemail lets you select and listen to messages in whatever order you want — just like email.
iPhone shows off your content — music, movies, TV shows, and more — on a beautiful 3.5-inch display. Add to your collection by downloading music and video wirelessly from the iTunes Store. Scroll through songs and playlists with the touch of a finger. Even browse your album artwork using Cover Flow.
Breakthrough Internet Device
iPhone uses fast 3G and Wi-Fi wireless connections to deliver rich HTML email, Maps with GPS, and Safari — the most advanced web browser on a mobile device. It has Google and Yahoo! search built in. And since iPhone multitasks, you can make a phone call while emailing a photo or surfing the web over a Wi-Fi or 3G connection.
It opens a whole new world of applications.
iPhone comes with some amazing applications. And you can choose from thousands more on the App Store and download them with a tap. Your iPhone gets even better with every new app. Play games. Be more productive. Keep yourself entertained. No matter what you want to do on iPhone, there’s an app for that.
It works like no other phone.
With iPhone, Apple combined innovative hardware features with the world’s most advanced mobile operating system to redefine what a mobile phone can do. Applications work together seamlessly and they sync with your computer — whether you’re on a Mac or a PC. From its revolutionary Multi-Touch display to its intelligent keyboard to its smart sensors, iPhone is years ahead of any other mobile phone.